Be Your Best
The goal is not to change who you are, but to become more of who you are at your best
1) Create your own future by setting yourself goals and putting in place actions to achieve those goals.
2) Spend about half an hour on your own every day listening to your subconscious mind. Part of this should be visualising what you want out of your day. This is an opportunity to listen to your inner voice.
3) Buy yourself a good notebook and write down the following:
- Your personal journey (diary);
- Goals, ambitions and dreams (a bucket list); and
- Write down 10 immediate things you want to happen in your life and start working towards them.
4) Start a vision board, this should be a visual representation of your future. You can download an app for this (Jack Canfield Success Vision Board), it involves adding photos, pictures and words of all the things you would like in your future.
5) Start your day positively, look at yourself in the mirror and say “you are going to have a fantastic day”.
6) Practice silence.
7) Spend one day not saying anything negative or critical.
8) Watch out for vampires in your life, these are negative people who suck the life out of you. Surround yourself by positive people.
9) Do your job 100%. You can’t be stressed and doing your job at the same time.
10) Consider taking up yoga. Traditional yoga is very good for the mind and stress.
11) Invest in a Fitbit which monitors the number of steps you take every day and compete with yourself to keep doing more.
12) Get a sleep app on your phone, such as Sleep Cycle alarm clock, and monitor the number of good hours sleep you are getting each night. The ideal amount of sleep, according to research, is between 6 and 8 hours per night.
13) Weight training is good for you as it stimulates the growth hormone. This growth hormone declines after the age of 30. The result of this will be that your body fat will go down and your muscle tone will go up.
14) Get a good personal trainer who will assess your body type and select exercises that are specific to you rather than generic exercises.
15) Exercise three times per week for 45 minutes. The best time of the day to exercise is in the morning, can you think of a better way to start your day?
16) Avoid foods that age the body, such as; potatoes, pasta, beetroot, sweetcorn, rice, popcorn and bread.
17) You should take a good bacteria tablet once every day, such as Acidophilus. This will help to maintain an acidic environment in the body, which can prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
18) Don’t drink liquids with your meals. Drinking liquids during your meal dilutes your naturally occurring digestive enzymes and stomach acids which makes it harder to breakdown food.
19) Don’t overload on protein, a female should have a maximum of 75g per day.
20) Drink at least two litres of water per day, it will help to rid you of toxins, give you clearer skin, shinier hair and better health.
What Should You Do Next?
If you are interested in receiving any extra motivation and inspiration towards your goals and ambitions then please contact me for a free 30 minute taster life coaching session at email@example.com